- Canadian inventor still refining his Guinness Record-breaking flying propeller device 2015
- Kim So Eun (김소은) South Korean actress
- Dogs That Have No Idea How Funny They Look With Their Toys !
- Stylist Glassy Mobile Phone
- Alaska’s Goose Creek Tower (Dr. Seuss House) is a whimsical tower made of stacked cabins.
A shepherd charges his phone with solar panels carried by a donkey in Turkey’s Sanliurfa province on April 25, 2016. Photo: Halil Fidan/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
Earlier this week, one resourceful Turkish shepherd was spotted using a solar panel carried on the back of a very cooperative donkey in order to charge his cellphone.
As bizarre as that scene surely seems to most people, the practice is actually nothing new in Turkey. Two years ago, Ser-Gün, a Turkish firm, made headlines with their donkey-mounted solar panels. And it’s such an important service that the Turkish government, at the time at least, covered half the cost.
Shepherds spend most of their working day outdoors with their flock, and don’t have the time or the opportunity to charge their electronics. However, they still need their phones to call relatives in case of emergency, or listen to music while they mind their animals. Thus we have the extraordinary solution above.